At this point, you should’ve already signed our bank documents for your account(s). If you haven’t, please take a moment and do so prior to your next steps. If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 303-937-6426.
Thank you for your business!
How to enroll in online banking for your selfdirected checking account:
Important Note: Before you enroll in online banking you must first sign your account documents, including any IRA documents if applicable.
Click the link to get started: Enrollment
- STEP 1: Your first step will include reviewing and agreeing to the Electronic Disclosure Consent Statement
- STEP 2: Then, read and agree to the Internet Banking Agreement & Disclosure
- STEP 3: Please fill out each required box on page 1
This information is specific to your plan. If you need information related to your plan, like your EIN, please refer to your plan documents. As you enter in your information related to your account, please reference your account documents we sent to you.
- STEP 4: You will need to then select an access ID and a Passcode. Please be sure to review the requirements in yellow. Then take the time to create 3 security verification questions
- STEP 5: You will then have the opportunity to review the information you entered for accuracy.
Then follow the steps to confirm you're not a robot and submit
After you enroll, we will review your application for online banking, and we will approve within 3 days. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions. Thank you!
Below are the following steps to endorse your check. There are three lines that will need the following information:
Important Note: Please make sure your check is made payable to the entity name of your plan. Otherwise, your check will be rejected. Please make sure you print in blue or black ink.
- Line One - Please write the name of your entity
- Line Two - Please write your name, & title (eg Trustee, Manager)
- Line Three - Please write "For Mobile Deposit at Solera Bank"
Get Started with Mobile Check Deposit
Mobile Check Deposit lets you deposit checks directly from a mobile device or smartphone, no matter where you are. Depositing a check has never been easier. To make a deposit:
- Open the Solera National Bank Mobile App
Please note: We have 2 Mobile Apps. The one with the white background is our Mobile Banking App that you will use. The one titled “Self-Directed” with a maroon background is our account opening application.
- Enter your Access ID and Passcode
- Select Deposit
- Take a picture of the front of your check
- Endorse the back of your check. (See example below)
Important Note: Please make sure you print in blue or black ink
123Please Note:***IT IS OKAY TO WRITE BELOW THE LINE ABOVE***
- Line One - Please write the name of your entity
- Line Two - Please write your name, & title (ex Trustee, Manager)
- Line Three - Please write "For Mobile Deposit at Solera Bank"
Please note: The check MUST be issued to the name of your 401k, Trust or LLC. Any check issued to Solera Bank will be returned.
- Take a picture of the back of the check
- Verify the images
- Choose an account for your deposit
- Enter the check amount
For questions please contact us!
Phone: (303) 937-6426
* Price is higher for expedited shipping
- STEP 1: Open your web browser and go to www.solerabank.com
- STEP 2: Select our "Order Checks Online" link towards the top of our screen:
You will then be directed to Deluxe. At this point you will need your account number (found on your account documents or online when you sign in) and our routing number (107007281) and the Zip Code associated with your entity on your account at Solera National Bank.
- STEP 3: Please enter this information in the boxes on Deluxe's website:
- STEP 4: Click "Sign In to See Pricing"
- STEP 5: Deluxe will, most likely, require you to re-enter your account number. This is very normal and specific to new orders. After you re-enter your account number, click "Continue".
You will then be directed to a selection screen. This will display multiple check options.
- STEP 6: On the far left, you'll notice the Check Categories. Please select the "All Checks" option at the bottom of the list:
A list of all check options will appear on the next screen. All checks are listed alphabetically.
- STEP 7: Scroll down to the "Specialty Blue/Gray/Yellow/Mint High Security with SOLERA LOGO-82344" and select your favorite of the 4 color options:
Please note: We have negotiated discounted pricing on these 4 check options ONLY. Solera covers the cost of these 4 checks and you will be charged the shipping fee of $8.00.
You may select any checks you desire, but the other options will NOT have special pricing and you WILL be charged more than $8.00.
- STEP 8: Please fill in the Check Imprint section with your entity information.
Please note: You do not need to enter your personal name on the check. This is optional
- STEP 9: Please click "Save Changes".
- STEP 10: Update the Quantity box to 1 Box:
- STEP 11: Click "Confirm and Next".
- STEP 12: You'll be directed to review your order and confirm. This screen will also allow you to edit your order.
- STEP 13: Click "Confirm and Checkout".
During the checkout process, you'll be instructed to review your cart. Be sure to update your delivery method based on your need.
- STEP 14: IF YOU NEED EXPEDITED DELIVERY - Click on "more options" (in red). Please note, this will increase your cost above $8.00. (Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii also costs more than $8.00 but we have negotiated the lowest rates possible on your behalf).
- STEP 15: Scroll to the bottom and select "Place Your Order" to complete the process.
To submit an incoming wire, you’ll need the following information:
Solera National Bank
319 S Sheridan Blvd
Lakewood CO 80226
YOUR SOLERA ACCOUNT NAME
Beneficiary account number:
YOUR SOLERA ACCOUNT NUMBER
Sending a Domestic Single Wire Transfer
Important Note: To ensure same-day processing, send your wire transfer by the Domestic Cut-off Time displayed at the bottom of the Schedule Single Wire Transfer module.
To create a Domestic Single Wire Transfer:
- Click the Wire Transfers tab.
The Wire Transfers page appears. 'Domestic' is already selected for Wire Type.
- In the Account to Debit list, select the account to debit for the wire transfer amount.
- In the Beneficiary Full Name box, enter the full name of the wire transfer recipient.
- In the Amount box, enter the amount (xx.xx, US Dollars only) of the wire transfer.
- Click Enter Wire Details.
The Send Single Wire Transfer - Domestic page appears, with the information you entered already filled in.
- Edit any of the sender information fields, if necessary.
- Edit the Beneficiary's Full Name field, if necessary.
- In the Beneficiary's Address 1 box, enter the first line of the recipient's address.
- In the Beneficiary's Address 2 box, enter the second line of the recipient's address.
- In the Beneficiary's City box, enter the recipient's city.
- In the Beneficiary's State list, select the recipient's state.
- In the ZIP/Postal Code box, enter the recipient's ZIP or postal code.
- In the Beneficiary's Account Number box, enter the beneficiary account number.
- In the Special Instructions for the Beneficiary box, enter any brief information you would like to add for the beneficiary. You can use up to 140 characters. This information is optional.
- Some financial institutions may use an intermediary institution to process the wire transfer. Although optional, if you have the intermediary institution information, it can assist us in processing your wire transfer:
- From the Code Type list, select the type of bank code for the intermediary institution. For domestic wires, the options are 'Transit/Routing #' or 'Account #'. Then enter the code in the Code Type box. You can also click the link to the right of the box to look up the code.
- In the Routing Number box, enter the appropriate identifier for the beneficiary's financial institution. You can also click the link to the right of the box to look up the code.
- In the Institution Name box, enter the name of the beneficiary's financial institution.
- In the Institution Address box, enter the address of the beneficiary's financial institution.
- In the Institution City box, enter the city of the beneficiary's financial institution.
- On the Institution State list, select the state of the beneficiary's financial institution.
- In the Zip/Postal Code box, enter the ZIP or postal code of the beneficiary's financial institution.
Please note:If you would like to start over from the beginning, click Reset Form.
- Once you have completed entering wire information, click Continue.
A verification page appears.
- Click Send Wire Transfer.
A confirmation page appears.
In this section, default Sender information is already filled in
Please note: You have to include the beneficiary's address.
Please note:Not all institutions use the Intermediary Bank. Check with the receiving bank before using this section.
Our Call-back Process
- We use fraud prevention techniques to keep your funds safe. One such control is random selection of outgoing wire requests for telephone verification with the customer. Should your wire be selected for verification, it will not be processed until we have spoken with you. Voicemails do not satisfy this verification step.
- We will attempt to call you 2 times in the day from 9am-3pm MT to confirm the information we received from you about your wire.
- The phone call will come from a number with area code 303.
- If you miss both calls from us, please call us back and let us know that you’ve missed them. We will then hang up and go through the call back process with you.
- If you are processing an INCOMING wire to your IRA, the instructions are different. Please email email@example.com for further instructions.
Please contact the IRA transfers team if you haven’t already. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will help you initiate your transfer/rollover/contribution from start to finish.
Important Note: These instructions are to link Solera Accounts only. To link an external account please refer to your service and settings within online banking.
To link an additional Solera Account:
- After you’ve signed in, click “Contact Us”:
- Under All Services & Settings – Preferences click “Add account”.
- Enter in New Solera account number, Nickname (optional), Account Type, and check Bill pay if needed. Once complete click Add Account(s)
- Review information and click "Submit".
After you submit a new account, we will review your request, and we will approve within 3 days. Contact us at email@example.com for any questions. Thank you!
To apply for an additional account, please download the following form and read carefully.Download Form
To order a debit card, please download the following form and read carefully.Download Form
To increase your debit card spending limit, please download the following form and read carefully.Download Form
Using the right contact below will save you time and will make your communication with us effective:
- New Customers - If you are a brand new customer or your would like to open an additional account for an existing entity or a new entity please reach out to our Applications Team:
- Existing Customer - If you are an existing customer and you have general questions about your account or your transactions (wires, check order, debit card order, ACH), please reach out to our Customer Support Team:
- IRA Transfers - If you are a customer with an IRA that we custody and you have questions about your IRA and the transactions associated with your IRA transfers/rollovers/contributions/distributions, please reach out to our IRA Transfers Team:
- Additional Questions - If you would like to address a concern and you’ve been in touch with our team already, please contact a senior leader on our team at:
- Kylee Landon firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I view or track the investments in my retirement account?
Your account with Solera National Bank is an FDIC-insured checking account through which you are able to self-direct your retirement investments. We do not authorize, validate, or provide recordkeeping services (aside from generating your monthly bank statement) for the investments you make. All investments you make through your self-directed checking account are external to Solera and we do not have access to investment details, balances, or asset valuations. Solera National Bank is not liable or responsible for the outcome of the investments you make. We cannot, and will not, provide legal or tax advice about your investments, nor will we provide any advice about investments you should or should not make. Additionally, please be reminded, once your funds leave your self-directed checking account, they are no longer FDIC insured and they may lose value. Any such loss in value is solely your responsibility.
Are the funds in my self-directed retirement account FDIC insured?
The cash held on deposit in your Solera National Bank checking account is FDIC-insured, up to the limits offered by the FDIC. Click here for more details about FDIC limits. Please be reminded, once funds leave your self-directed checking account, they are no longer FDIC insured and they may lose value. Any such loss in value is solely your responsibility.
How do I obtain my electronic bank statement?
You can access your bank statements any time by logging into our online banking platform and selecting the “Statements” tab from the top navigation bar. You will be able to view or download statements for the last 18 months. If you need statements outside of the 18 month period, you can contact us directly at 303-209-8600.
My account is self-directed, so why does Solera need to know my investment plans?
Federal banking regulations require that banks understand the nature of their customers activity. From time to time we may request additional information regarding your transactions to meet these requirements. Additionally, we monitor all accounts to help guard against fraudulent activity. The more we understand the intended use for your Solera National Bank self-directed checking account, the better monitoring services we can provide.